ACCOMMODATION IN VIENNA:
Property Type
Rating

Check in:
Check out:
Persons:
Rooms:

Austria Shop
viennaAustria
       feel the history

Ottakringer Beer


The Ottakringer brewery is the last remaining big brewery in Vienna, and located in the 16th Viennese district "Ottakring".

The history of the beer started in 1837, when Heinrich Plank opened a brewery under the titel "Planksche Brauerei". The company was taken over in 1850 by the Jewish brothers Ignaz and Jakob Kuffner, which extended the brewery to a big brewery. In 1882 the brewery was handed over to Moritz Kuffner, the son of Ignaz Kuffner.

One year before the first world war in 1913, the Ottakringer beer had its heyday. Never again they would reach the production of 350.000 hl.



Footer
design by NMuD
powered by CMSimple

Advertising: